Twin Cities International Schools (TCIS) is currently accepting applications for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
English Langauage (EL) Coordinator/Teacher (1.0 FTE, 0.6 Coord/0.4 Teacher) 2019-2020
Twin Cities International Schools is now hiring for an English Language Development Coordinator/Teaching position for the 2019-20 school year. This position is 1.0 FTE (0.6 Coord/0.4 Teacher) with a start date of August 12th, 2019.
The Coordinator/Teacher is to work with students in grades K-8. Applicants must hold a valid Minnesota EL teaching license and 5 years of related experience. Twin Cities International Schools (TCIS) is a public charter school located in Minneapolis with a student enrollment of approximately 1,100 (K-8) students and a large LEP population.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties are to include (but not limited to): Direct and coordinate EL programming to ensure that students receive effective and appropriate instruction to meet their needs at various levels, administer assessments in order to assess placement and performance, assist in training staff on English language proficiency standards (WIDA, Access, etc.), identify all new EL students and ensure programming is in accordance with state requirements and federal regulations, observing/modeling, training and working collaboratively with a team, plan/adapt curriculum as necessary in regards to one-on-one, small group and whole class scenarios, clear communication in consult with administration/staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient.
Experience with standards-based instruction, English language learners a plus. A dual licensed, Elementary Education and EL Licensure is preferred.
English Langauage (EL) Teacher (1.0 FTE) 2019-2020
Twin Cities International Schools (TCIS) is now hiring for an English Language (EL) Teacher to work primarily with students in grades K-4 for the 2019-20 School Year. Applicants must hold a valid Minnesota EL teaching license prior to start date, however new graduates are encouraged to apply. We are a public charter school located in Minneapolis with a student enrollment of approximately 1,100 (K-8) students and a large LEP population. The EL teacher will be responsible for teaching various groups of students, creating lesson plans, working with collaborative teams, engaging in clear communication with both staff and students and contributing positively to the learning and development of students. Experience with standards-based instruction, English Language Learners and common assessments a plus. A dual licensed, Elementary Education and EL Licensure is preferred.
Elementary School Teacher, (Grade 3) (1.0 FTE) 2019-2020
Twin Cities International Schools (TCIS) is now hiring for a 3rd Grade Elementary Teacher Position for the 2019-20 School Year. Applicants must currently hold a valid Minnesota Teaching License or possess a valid license prior to date of hire. TCIS is a K-8 public charter school located in Minneapolis with a student enrollment of approximately 1000 students. The teacher will be responsible for a class of students, creating lesson plans, working on collaborative teams, and contributing positively to the learning and development of students. Experience with standards-based instruction, English-Language Learners and common assessments a plus.
Instructional Coach, (Grades K-4) (1.0 FTE) 2019-2020
Position Description: The Instructional Coach supports teachers in growth and development through co-planning, co-teaching, modeling and providing feedback for K-4 teachers. Familiarity with Marzano’s Art and Science of Teaching and Instructional Coaching preferred but not required.
- Currently hold a valid Minnesota Teaching license;
- Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience
- Master’s degree or experience in Graduate work preferred but not required
- Experience with diverse student populations
- Previous Instructional Coaching or Leadership experience preferred
- Effective communication, both written and oral forms
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with others including teachers, administrators and additional school employees
- Ability to facilitate groups of people working towards a common goal
Position Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Serve as an instructional coach, working with both teachers and administrators to improve instructional efforts in a K-4 setting
- Assist teachers in the development and implementation of action plans and goals that incorporate best practices in teaching and learning
- Work with teachers to improve their teaching practice through coaching, professional development, modeling and collaborative planning
- Ensure consistency in English Language Development strategy implementation across the school
- Contribute to an effective, collaborative team of people jointly responsible for the attainment of school goals
- Build effective relationships among teachers, families and community to improve student performance
- Support teachers to hold all students to high and consistent behavioral expectations
- Facilitate and organize monthly “New Teacher” seminars
- Other duties as assigned
Arabic Teacher, (Grades K-4) (1.0 FTE) 2019-2020
Twin Cities International Schools (TCIS) is now accepting applications for an Arabic Teacher position (K-4). Candidates need to hold a valid and appropriate Minnesota teaching license for Arabic language. Candidates must be able to read, write and speak Arabic fluently. They should possess strong curriculum planning, classroom management, and communication skills. Ability to develop and foster appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children; according to age, ability and aptitude.
Middle School Science Teacher, (Grade 8) (1.0 FTE) 2019-2020
Twin Cities International Schools is currently accepting applications for a 8th Grade Science Teacher Position for the 2019-2020 School Year. Applicants must currently hold a valid Minnesota teaching license or possess a valid Minnesota teaching license prior to date of hire. We are a public charter school located in Minneapolis with a student enrollment of approximately 1,000 students (K-8).
- Work collaboratively with your 8th Grade team and Science PLC team;
- Engage students in learning through best practice strategies, establishing high expectations for students;
- Communicate effectively with parents, students and staff;
- Plan, organize and deliver lessons consistent with MN state standards and Science curriculum;
- Comfortable integrating technology into daily lesson plans;
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all your students;
- Experience with standards-based instruction, English-Language Learners and common assessments a plus.
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed School Nurse (LSN), (K-8) (1.0 FTE)
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing plus one of the following requirements: Licensed as Professional Registered Nurse by Minnesota Board of Nursing, Certified as a Public Health Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing, Licensed as a Public School Nurse by Minnesota Department of Education or required to obtain license if not currently licensed.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to: CPR/First Aid certification, ability to triage, react quickly, calmly and decisively, good oral and written communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality. Provide daily health care needs for students and staff as needed, maintains and updates student health records, performs health screenings and assessments for students referred for possible health concerns, screens and evaluates findings during screenings, provides assessment, intervention, evaluation and referral for medical care for students with chronic conditions and/or emergency conditions, coordinates the usage/supply of first aid supplies, plans and implements school health management policies and protocols, any additional duties as assigned. Please refer to job posting on EdPost for additional information.
Our online application offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
Twin Cities International Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twin Cities International Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Twin Cities International Schools has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.