Twin Cities International Schools is currently accepting applications for the K-8 Teaching Positions listed below:
- Applicants must currently hold a valid Minnesota teaching license or possess a valid Minnesota teaching license prior to date of hire.
- See general job responsibilities/duties below, unless specified directly under posting
Please click on link at bottom of page to apply:
3rd Grade Long-Call Substitute Teacher, Elementary Education, 2020-21
- Start date of October 5th, 2020 through December 18th, 2020
- Responsibilities include (but not limited to): Providing direct instruction (dependent on instructional model in place) and to facilitate learning for all students, teaching assigned grade level subjects using the plans set forth by the absent teacher, meeting the needs of each student through individual and group instruction, following all policies and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates, clear communication with both staff and students and contributing positively to the learning and development of students.
- Please also see "General K-8 Teacher Job Responsibilities /Duties" below.
(K-4) Building-Wide Substitute Teacher, (1.0 FTE) 2020-21
- Twin Cities International Schools is now hiring for a K-4 Building-wide Substitute Teacher for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. This position is a 1.0 F.T.E. position with a start date of October 1st, 2020. Applicants must hold a valid MN Teaching License or a valid Long-call Substitute Teaching license, Kindergarten endorsement strongly encouraged. Responsibilities would include teaching assigned grade levels and subjects using the plans set forth by the absent teacher, meeting the needs of each student through individual, small group and/or large group instruction, following all policies and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates, clear communication with both staff and students and contributing positively to the learning and development of students. TCIS is currently in a distance learning model, however teacher must be willing to work in-person at the school in either a hybrid or in-person learning format. This position will cover 2-3 exisiting teacher upcoming long-call leaves in various grades throughout the 2020-21 school year with last school day being June 11th, 2021. Experience with standards-based instruction, English Language learners, distance learning, and common assessments are a plus.
- Please also see "General K-8 Teacher Job Responsibilities/Duties" below.
General K-8 Teacher Job Responsibilities/Duties (Including, but not limited to)
- Work collaboratively with your Grade level team and assigned team (s);
- Engage students in learning through best practice strategies, establishing high expectations for students;
- Communicate effectively with parents, students and staff;
- Plan, organize and deliver lessons consistent with MN state standards and relevant curriculum;
- Comfortable integrating technology into daily lesson plans;
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all your students;
- Experience with standards-based instruction, English-Language Learners and common assessments a plus.
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed School Nurse (LSN), (K-8) (1.0 FTE)
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing plus one of the following requirements: Licensed as Professional Registered Nurse by Minnesota Board of Nursing, Certified as a Public Health Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing, Licensed as a Public School Nurse by Minnesota Department of Education or required to obtain license if not currently licensed.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to: CPR/First Aid certification, ability to triage, react quickly, calmly and decisively, good oral and written communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality. Provide daily health care needs for students and staff as needed, maintains and updates student health records, performs health screenings and assessments for students referred for possible health concerns, screens and evaluates findings during screenings, provides assessment, intervention, evaluation and referral for medical care for students with chronic conditions and/or emergency conditions, coordinates the usage/supply of first aid supplies, plans and implements school health management policies and protocols, any additional duties as assigned. Please refer to job posting on EdPost for additional information.
Our online application offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
Twin Cities International Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twin Cities International Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Twin Cities International Schools has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.