Instructional coaching, at its core, is to aid in the learning and development of a teacher or school employee that brings about positive change for the individual, students and school.
According to Marzano and Simms (2013), the goals of coaching are
- To point teaching toward best practices
- To show teachers what good teaching looks like
- To help teachers maintain their best performance
- To help teachers achieve “flow”, and
- To help teachers take risks
In addition, we believe that instructional coaching should positively impact student engagement and achievement, as well as build teacher capacity within the school.
Ms. Wendy J. (K & 1st Grades)
Ms. Carrie M. (2nd & 3rd Grades)
Ms. Marian A. (4th & 5th Grades)