Dear Parents & Families,
On behalf of the staff at Twin Cities International Schools, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-22 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school’s parent academy program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Please feel free to review the Student/Parent Handbook which can be accessed through the website so that you and your child can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
The wonderful TCIS staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you during our open August 26, 2021.
Abdirashid Warsame Executive Director
Twin Cities International Schools