1. Are we going to have 3-ft social distancing? TCIS will, to the best of our ability, work to encourage physical distancing at 3ft2. If a family just got their vaccine, do they have to keep their unvaccinated students home for 2 weeks for the vaccine to be active? No, students can and should attend school unless they are feeling ill.3. What's the rule around masks? All adults and students MUST wear a facial covering when indoors except during meal times. Masks can be removed during outdoor activities. Masks must be worn on all student transportation.4. What is the current guidance you are following? We are following the Best Practice Recommendations for COVID-19 Prevention in Schools and the MN Decision Tree for People in Schools and the TCIS Health and Safety Plan found above.5. What are the quarantine guidelines for the 2021-22 school year?
A 14-day quarantine period is recommended Quarantine Guidance for COVID-19:
The person lives in the same household and is a contact of someone with COVID-19.
The 14-day quarantine period starts the day after the person with COVID-19 completes their isolation period (usually 10 days from the day their symptoms started, or if they didn’t have symptoms, 10 days from the day they got tested.
If multiple people in the home have COVID-19, the 14 days start after the last person has completed their isolation. This may mean that other household members will need to quarantine for 24 days or more.
A shortened quarantine period may be considered if ALL of the following are true:
- The person has NOT had symptoms of COVID-19 during the quarantine period.
- The person does NOT live with someone who has COVID-19.
- The person does NOT live or work in a high-risk setting, including a long-term care or assisted living facility, correctional facility, shelter, or other congregate living facility.
- The person does NOT work in a healthcare facility.
The person had a defined exposure, meaning a known exposure with a beginning and an end. Examples could be someone who was exposed:
- At school or a sporting activity.
- During a shift at work or while on break.
- At a social gathering or event, like a party or funeral.
If and only if all of the above conditions are true, quarantine may be shortened to:
- TCIS Students: Fourteen (14) days total with a documented negative COVID Test if the test occurred on day ten (10) or later
- TCIS School Staff: Seven (7) days with a documented negative COVID Test if the test occurred on day five (5) or later
6. Does TCIS require students over age 12 and staff to be vaccinated? We do not at this time.
7. Will TCIS be requiring or offering COIVD -19 Testing onsite? No, we will provide families with community resources to testing needs
8. What does my child do for school if they are on a quarantine order? TCIS students should login to their teacher's google classroom page (s) and complete the daily posted assignments or follow their daily schedule (5-8) for asynchronous learning.
Please email the TCIS COVID TEAM at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.